Please be sure to read the contents of the Important Information page, especially with regard to the epidemiological rules!
Paying at the festival
At Budapest Wine Festival you can pay with a Festipay festival card and with your contactless MasterCard PayPass or VISA PayWave bank card. If you do not have MasterCard Paypass or VISA PayWave bank card, all you need to do is to get a festival card for a deposit of 500 HUF at any Festipay service point and to top up the card with an amount chosen by you. When buying a glass of wine or a plate of food you can pay with this festival card. If you do not wish to consume more, return the card and you will get the deposit and unused credits back in cash.
Attention: If you pay with a debit or credit card when you top up the festival card, an extra 200 HUF service charge will be added to your bill.
If you pay with a debit or credit card when you get or top up the festival card, an extra 200 HUF service charge will be added to your bill. This service charge covers the bank transaction fees, just like when you withdraw money from an ATM abroad. Service charge will be added at any time when you do a top up. Because you get the unused credits back in cash, we recommend you to top up the festival card with a bigger amount so you can avoid paying the 200 HUF service charge more times.
If you have contactless MasterCard PayPass or VISA PayWave bank card, do not leave it at home, so you do not need to get a festival card, queue up for topping up, return the festival card or pay the service charge. At purchasing just touch your card to the POS terminal and your account will be directly debited. You do not need to register to use your MasterCard PayPass or VISA PayWave bank card and you will NOT be charged for the service.
Dogs at Budapest Wine Festival
If you would not like to leave your best friend at home, you can take him or her to the festival, on a leash and with a muzzle. We expect you, the owner to clean after your doggy. We think that the crowd during the evenings can be scary and uncomfortable for our 4 legged friends. We can guarantee a great atmosphere for you, but not for your dog.
Things that you cannot bring to the festival
It is strictly prohibited to bring illegal drugs or any stimulants, pyrotechnical objects, glass objects (except the official tasting glass of the festival), poisoning, explosive or flammable materials or objects, striking or cutting tools. Any objects endangering others’ physical health: according to valid laws, you are not allowed to carry objects specifically endangering public safety (knives with a blade longer than 8 cm, switch knives, gas sprays, black jacks, etc.)
Lost and found objects
Please look for the organizers or security personnel at Main Information if you have lost or found an object.
- For your information, there will be ongoing photo taking and filming at the Budapest Wine Festival. Please note that by entering the Festival area during the Budapest Wine Festival, visitors unconditionally agree that they might be appearing on the images taken during photo taking and filming.
- Any movie or picture with commercial purpose can be shot only with the permission of the organizers.
- Any commercial or marketing activity is strictly prohibited without the allowance of the organizers.
- Alcoholic beverages will not be served to drunk people and youngsters under 18.
- Please look after the nature and do not litter.
- The event will be held even in case of bad weather.
- The organizers are not liable for damages in person or material value.
- The schedule may be subject to change.
- Please take care of yourselves and others around you.