- What type of event is the Budapest Wine Festival from the point of view of epidemiological regulation? Due to the stage programs, the Wine Festival is considered to be a music&dance event ("zenés-táncos rendezvény") concerning Hungarian regulations of events, so the legal rules for this type of event apply.
- Who can visit the festival according to current regulations? As the Wine Festival is a music&dance event, according to the 484/2020. (XI. 10.) decree of the Hungarian government, it may only be visited by adults over the age of 18 only in the case of a credible proof of protection against the coronavirus. Proof of protection is not required for minors, but they can only enter the festival if they are accompanied by an adult protected against the coronavirus.
- How can I prove my protection if I am a Hungarian citizen? According to the 484/2020. (XI. 10.) and 60/2021. (II. 12.) decrees of the Hungarian government, the protection against the coronavirus can be verified by using the EESZT mobile phone application or by presenting a protection certificate ("védettségi igazolvány"). We also ask for a formal proof of the personal identity indicated on the protection certificate, or application. Please note that protection may be based on vaccination, proven recovery from the disease, or the presence of antibodies to the virus in the body as confirmed by an official test. A negative PCR, or antigen, test cannot be accepted as it does not prove protection against the virus! In addition to the Hungarian protection certificate, an EU Covid certificate for vaccination, recovery from the disease or the presence of antibodies to the virus is also acceptable. We are not able to accept certificates other than those contained in the decree, we must comply with the rules currently in effect.
- How can I prove my protection as a foreign citizen? According to the 484/2020. (XI. 10.) decree of the Hungarian government and Regulation (EU) 2021/953 of the European Parliament and of the Council, in the case of non-Hungarian citizens, the protection against the coronavirus can be verified with an EU protection certificate; or a certificate of protection issued by a state with which Hungary has made a bilateral agreement on the mutual acceptance of protection certificates. Citizens of certain non-EU countries may also apply for an EU digital COVID certificate if allowed by the provisions of the European Commission. The list of countries currently issuing digital EU certificates can be found here. While you can view the list of certificates currently accepted under bilateral agreements by clicking this link. In addition to the proof of protection, it is also necessary to present a document suitable for proving the identity indicated on the protection certificate, or application.
- What documents can I use to prove my identity? Official documents with a photo like an identity card, driving license, or passport.
- Can I enter the event with a recent negative PCR, or antigen, test? No, this is not possible under current legislation. Protection against coronavirus must be demonstrated for entry, which can only be based on vaccination, proven recovery from the disease, or the presence of antibodies to the virus confirmed by an official test.
What is the age limit for free entry to the festival? Children under the age of 14 can attend the festival for free.
Can I bring a dog to the event? At your own risk, with a muzzle yes, but it is not recommended because of the crowd and the possibility of glass splinters on the ground.
Do I have to wear a mask at the event? The current restrictions do not make it mandatory.
Will there be a medical service at the event? Yes, there will be an ambulance car.
Can I redeem my ticket? This is basically not possible, but tickets can be freely transferred to anyone. Should the event be canceled for any reason, we will notify you by email about the options for pre-paid tickets.
What does a ticket include? In addition to the information on the ticketing site, please note that tickets come with one tasting glass. If the glass is lost or damaged, a new one can be purchased at the Main Information stand. The ticket also includes a free tasting at the VinAgora selection stand, but additional drinks and food must be paid for at the exhibitors. You can enjoy all concerts, professional and other programs for free!
For how long can I enter the event? The box offices close one hour before the end of the event every day, so you can buy a ticket on the spot, or redeem your pre-purchased ticket until then.
Where can I enter the event? Arriving from Szent György utca (through the "Koldus kapu"); from Palota út (using the Csikós Courtyard elevator or the Széchenyi Library elevator); or from the direction of Savoyai terasz (through the passage leading to the Hunyadi Courtyard). When leaving, please note that the elevator of the National Széchenyi Library is only open until 1:00 AM! MAP
What can I do if I break my glass? You can buy a new glass in the main information booth for HUF 1,500.
By entering the festival area, the guests of the Budapest Wine Festival acknowledge that the provisions of the House Rules are binding for them. Please read and follow the instructions!
If you would like to visit the Castle only (but not the Festival):
Tourist access to the Castle between September 23 and 26 is only possible in the morning hours until 10:00 AM. Between 10:00 AM and the opening of the festival, only organizers and exhibitors are allowed to enter. (During the festival’s opening hours, entry is only possible with a valid entry ticket to the event.)
If you would like to visit the exhibitions of the Hungarian National Gallery:
Access to the National Gallery is constantly ensured. Enter the Castle through the Barokk gate, then approach the Gallery from the Savoyai terrace and enter through the main entrance in building C.
If you would like to visit the National Széchényi Library:
All visitors, regardless of whether they are registered readers of the National Széchényi Library or not, can access and leave the library building in the company of a hostess. Those visitors who are not registered users of the library will be accompanied every 15 minutes to the main entrance of the library, and then back to the exit to the festival.
More detailed information will be provided at the venue.
If you would like to visit the Budapest History Museum:
Purchasing a day ticket, or a four-day pass to the Wine Festival ensures free entry to the History Museum as well. If you would only like to visit the museum but not the festival, please do so by arriving from the direction of Várkert Bazár, avoiding the festival area.